Fully revised 8th edition of this classic 191-mile walk across northern England from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, inspired by Alfred Wainwright.
Crossing three fabulous national parks – the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North York Moors – it samples the very best of the English countryside – rugged mountains and lakes, gentle dales and stone-built villages; wild moorland; sea cliffs and fishing villages.
• 10 town plans and 109 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest and much more. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
• Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
• Practical information for all budgets – camping, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels; St Bees through to Robin Hood's Bay – where to stay, where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
• Comprehensive public transport information – for all access points on the Coast to Coast Path
• Flora and fauna – four page full color flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife
• Green hiking – understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it
• GPS waypoints. These are also downloadable from the Trailblazer website
• Plus extra colour sections: 16pp colour introduction and 16pp of colour mapping for stage sections (one stage per page) with trail profiles.